Hutspot with merguez meatballs (2p)
- 10 Amilah Merguez meatballs
- 700 g potatoes, in quarters
- 700 g carrot, roughly chopped
- 300 g onion, in chunks
- 1 bay leaf
- 25 g butter
- 40 ml warm milk
- bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 100 g old cheese, in small cubes
- Add 1.5 litres of water to a pan and bring to the boil.
- Put the potatoes in the pan, then the carrots and finally the onion.
- Add 1 tablespoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper and the bay leaf.
- Put the lid on the pan and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Now drain the water, remove the bay leaves and stamp the stew with a pestle.
- Leave some bigger chunks (it should not become a soft mash).
- Add the butter and hot milk while stirring and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally add the cheese cubes and stir well.
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes with the lid on the pan.
- In the meantime prepare the meatballs as described on the packaging (about 10 minutes of preparation time).
- Serve together and garnish with the freshly chopped parsley.